Nissan showcases its electric vehicle leadership at UEFA Champions League Final
- Nissan celebrates first year of UEFA Champions League partnership with electrifying Berlin Final activity
- Nissan to supply over 100 zero emission vehicles - a UEFA Champions League first
- Car manufacturer installs 129 electric car charging stations across Berlin
- Energy generated by fans in Nissan's innovative fan zone at the UEFA Champions Festival will help power the trophy's journey to the Olympiastadion
- Football legend Marco van Basten joins Nissan as an ambassador for its UEFA Champions League Final activity
Rolle, Switzerland (May 21, 2015) - As a worldwide leader in electric vehicles, Nissan will be putting electric at the heart of its UEFA Champions League Final activity on June 6, 2015. As part of its innovative partnership with Europe's most prestigious football competition, Nissan aims to enrich the fans' experience of the tournament and leave a lasting legacy for the people of Berlin.
As the official automotive partner of the UEFA Champions League and producer of the biggest selling electric vehicle (EV) in the world, Nissan will be supplying over 100 electric vehicles to UEFA and associated sponsors to transport guests and officials in the build-up to the Final in Berlin. To further support this, Nissan is installing 129 electric car charging stations around Tegel International Airport, various Berlin hotels and the Olympiastadion, several of which will remain as a lasting legacy for the city.
Bastien Schupp, Vice President, Marketing - Nissan Europe said: "The Final in Berlin will mark the climax of year one of Nissan's partnership with the UEFA Champions League. The partnership has enabled us to highlight our commitment to EV and bring to life our brand values of Innovation and Excitement. I'm especially pleased that the great relationship we have with UEFA has enabled us to do something lasting and positive for the people of Berlin with the installation of more EV charging points, adding to Nissan's network, which is already the biggest in Europe."
In Berlin from 3-7 June, Nissan will also be hosting interactive fan experiences at the UEFA Champions Festival. Attending fans will have the chance to play 2x2 in the interactive Football Cage, test their skills in the Nissan Performance Maze and recreate moments of genius by Nissan ambassadors in the Test Area.
The energy created at UEFA Champions Festival by fans will be converted into an equivalent amount of kilowatts and harnessed to help power the UEFA Champions League trophy to the Final at the Olympiastadion. Participants generating the most kilowatts will receive tickets to the Final as well as an exclusive opportunity to accompany the trophy on its journey from the UEFA Champions Festival to the Stadium in a specially designed Nissan e-NV200 all-electric van on match day as part of the UEFA Trophy Parade.
Footballing legend Marco van Basten will be joining Nissan as an ambassador to support its UEFA Champions League Final activity. Having won the tournament twice during his distinguished career, Marco shared his thoughts on Nissan's fan experiences: "It's fantastic that Nissan is keeping football fans at the core of their celebrations around the UEFA Champions League. There are some great activities and games involving the fans, and it will really help to add to the electrifying atmosphere around the Final."
Throughout its first season as UEFA Champions League partners, Nissan has worked with UEFA to develop a series of engaging fan activities including the UEFA Champions League Goal of the Week competition as well as giving fans and partners access to exclusive away-team training sessions the day before the match.
Nissan is the official global automotive sponsor of the UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Champions League, with a deal that will cover the period 2014/2015 to 2017/2018. As an official partner Nissan will be involved with Europe's most prestigious club football competition through a number of its exclusive products and services.
Nissan in Berlin - Quick Facts
- 100 electric vehicles including the Nissan LEAF and e-NV200 will be supplied by Nissan for use in Berlin in the build up to the Final
- 129 charging points will be installed in locations including the Olympiastadion and Tegel Airport to charge Nissan's fleet of vehicles
- Several of these will be left in place so EV users in Berlin will benefit from an improved infrastructure
- These will add to the 1400+ quick charging points Nissan has already installed across Europe - the most of any brand.
- The UEFA Champions Festival will feature a special installation that will encourage fans to create an equivalent amount of energy which will go towards powering the ‘trophy ride' to the Final
- A custom designed e-NV200 will transport the trophy from the UEFA Champions Festival to the Final on match day
Used Car Search
Book a Service
To book a service or MOT please click here to fill out our short form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Value My Car
If you’re thinking of selling your vehicle or even part exchanging it for something else, it’s important you have a good idea of what your vehicle is worth.
Parts & Accessories
At Hammond Group, we have experienced parts departments able to furnish your needs with a complete array of genuine parts.